baby

Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 8 and the flu!

This past week was pretty rough.  I got the flu and had to stay home for a couple of days.  Every muscle in my body ached, I thought I had just played too much with Andrew last weekend but after a friend called, she thought it sounded like the flu and said I should go get swab tested.  So I did and it came out positive.  They gave me a couple of days off work and some medication.  I stayed home but didn't take anything, it did not seem all that safe for the baby being this small.  So I just slept it off.  By Thursday I was still feeling pretty bad but had to go into work for a few hours.  Friday same thing, and I had to give a presentation to the City that afternoon.  In the evening, Thomas and I helped out with Scary tales on the trail for the children in Victoria.  And then went home.  We missed a few Halloween parties for the first time in many years but oh well :)

This is another busy week for the baby, this week it will measure up to half an inch, about the size of a lima bean (haba en espannol).  The baby is developing fingers and toes now.  I have a doctor's appointment next week so hopefully they will do an ultrasound and I can see her/him for the first time :)



Baby Development at 8 Weeks Pregnant
http://similac.com/pregnancy/8-weeks-pregnant?wt=ln

No comments: