baby

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Week 10 - Not many changes

Week 10... time is flying by!  Almost done with the first trimester.  Being pregnant has been really easy for me so far.  Some days, I even forget when I wake up because life has not really changed for me other than maybe not going out so much and the bathroom thing :)  Thank God I have had no morning sickness at all and I really haven't gained that much weight so things are pretty much the way they were before the baby.  I got some maternity clothes but mine still fit.  Some mood swings but I don't think anything out of the ordinary, Thomas may think differently however he, he, he.

I'm not that tired anymore, this weekend we got around lots of projects with fewer naps in between.  We are getting ready for the visits in Thanksgiving and we are really excited about the holidays.  Ruth, Andrew, Todd, Manuel, Karen, Dirk, my in-laws, Enrique, and Felecia will come over for Thanksgiving.  I'm dieing to see my little nephew, it's been too long, like 3 weeks!

So what's the baby up to this week?  Sofia John (I'm even starting to like that name) is a fetus now.  Measuring at around 2.5 cm (1 inch), the size of a prune (ciruela pasa).  All the vital organs are formed and they will start working.  The teeth buds and eyelids are developing further.  Fingers and toes are being finalized, including nails and some peach fuzz hair.  The baby's limbs can bend and we should be able to see the bone structure clearly in the next ultrasound, which is on December 8th.  One amazing fact I read is that the brain development has really kicked in gear now, and every minute about 250,000 brain cells are produced... wow!

1 comment:

Jorge said...

So far so good, no many change. Enjoy

Changes will come and you will enjoy that too. I can not wait to see you with a big stomach (panza) That will be so tender for me