baby

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 33

We are well into the third trimester and it's almost go time.  7 weeks and 4 days to go!

I am getting a little nervous about labor.  I know I can do it, so have all the moms in the world... but I know it will hurt.  I also know I will survive it, but the though is still not such a pleasant one, though absolutely a worth it one.  I will definitely go with the epidural, and hope that everything goes well and I have time to have it.  My delivery date is a Saturday, and the day before is my Friday off, so hopefully I won't have any 'accidents" at work since I plan to work right up to the time to go to the hospital.

This week Sofia is working on gaining weight, about 1/2 pound a week.  The pupils of her eyes can now adjust to bright or dim light.   Her lungs continue to develop. The amniotic fluid has now reached the maximum level so as she grows, she's running out of space to move.  I can tell as her kicks are getting stronger and right into my lungs :)  Her immune system is also getting a boost with antibodies flowing from me to her.

I read somewhere that moms pregnant with girls are slightly more forgetful than moms pregnant with boys.  So I'm glad to hear this is the worst of it because this week I forgot my keys and wallet in Austin and my computer at home yesterday :)


The weekend in Dallas was very productive.  Mary Ann and I went shopping for a crib and a dresser and we got them.  Also on Sunday Ruth, Darlene, Andrew and I went shopping for a pack n play and some other gear for Sofia.  We are (almost) ready to go!


And the much awaited Maria is finally here.  She was born on the 14th and is doing very well.  Punky and Miguel are well and walking around like zombies these days :)

I got a special treat this week too as Ruth, Andrew, and Audrey are visiting us in Victoria this week.  I love to have them over and we're having lots of fun.

2 comments:

Jorge said...

Yeah, it is natural to think ahead about the problems and pains you have to go through. So it is also natural to take it easy once you are enough informed and decided to deal with them.

As you surely know, humanity has survived since early days no matter the lack of resources at ancient times compared to the ones we rely on now days. So be alert and also confident.

Yes, first giving birth women should study and be prepared for that wonderful moment, as you are.

Love

Jorge

Unknown said...

Forgot what I was going to say... Oh, the forgetting doesn't stop, lol. I think it must be because you have too much on your mind as a mom, you have to think of someone else now and each hour of things and things and things they need. So welcome to the world of mom's &having to write everything down and use alarms on your keys. But sometimes it's not you that lost your keys, it was the kid...