baby

Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 35

We are in the homestretch!  The due date is getting closer and closer.  40 days to go...

Last Friday I went to the doctor and she felt around my tummy to check her position.  Sofia is now upside down and ready to go.  I can feel her kicks in my ribs.  She also measured my tummy and said Sofia will probably be on the smaller side, but she ordered an ultrasound for the next visit to make sure.  We'll get measurements then and come up with a good weight estimate.  It will be on the 21st.  From then on we will be going to weekly visits.

My feet are still very swollen but my blood pressure looks great (97/64) so no worries for preeclamsia or anything of the sort.  So not much I can do until she's born.  Other than what I had to do a few days ago: buy size 10 shoes!!!  I really hope that's the end of the growth spurt and that they go back down to at least an 8...I can only hope.  At least Thomas has been great about giving me foot massages when they get really bad and I cannot complain about that :)

This weekend we chose some paint for her room.  Let's just say it didn't turn out the way we thought it would!  Or as Thomas put it: pepto biswall.  We'll have to experiment with some ideas and see what we can come up with.  But for now, it's pepto on top, and a darker pink at the bottom.  It looks like you just walked into Disney's sleeping beauty's quarters.

1 comment:

Jorge said...

Small, eh? Wait until she is born. All those measurements are not even close. Turn around and look at her father’s height.

She will be great anyway!

Say hello to the careful man you have aside.

Love