baby

Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 30 - Sciatica

We are into the third trimester now and my belly is starting to get really heavy!  My feet are getting more tired and quicker and just yesterday I think I began to feel pressure on my sciatica nerve.  I will check with the doctor on my appointment on Wednesday but I'm pretty sure from what I read.  It's a sharp pain on my right side from my hips to my toes.  Hurts a lot when I walk.  Oh well, it's not that long until she's here :)

Ruth, Audrey, mom, grandma, and 3 of my aunts visited us this weekend and we had a great time.  I showed them Victoria (short tour) and then we went to Goliad which has a neat presidio from the Texas -Mexico independence time.  We had dinner at home and unfortunately they had to leave early to catch a plane in Houston.  I got to hold Audrey for some time until I think she got an allergy to Queso :(  So I had to give her back and keep Queso away until the blemishes went away.  She is such a good baby though, she barely cries and just likes to look around most of the time. She's very alert.

Sofia in the mean time is practicing breathing.  I can feel her getting hiccups at times, it feels like butterflies.  She weighs about 3 pounds or 1.3 kg and is around a foot long or roughly 30 cm.  She will be gaining 1/2 pound a week.  Her brain is continuing to expand and develop.  She can also now regulate her own temperature so she's beginning to loose some of the lanugo (that fine hair) that covered her for warmth.  She can open and close her eyelids.  Though most of the time they will be closed, when her eyes are open she can track light inside the womb.

She's a very active baby, when she kicks sometimes I can see my shirt move.  Thomas can feel her a lot more now when he puts his hand on my belly.  I love feeling her :)

Oh yes, and Thomas got a new truck.  We are happy and ready for Sofia to ride in it!

1 comment:

Jorge said...

Mind is a very powerful resource and properly used, in the Buddhist way, lets you handle sciatica pain easily. Just relax, take a deep breath and exhale slowly (at least three times) as your mind forgets the pain and focuses on a Casina (meditation object that can be: a quiet place, a nice memory, your breathing by itself or your just born Sofia)
Meditation, concentration and focusing are strongly recommended by the time of giving birth, it calms you down helping in the process, saves your energy and when it is the right moment you will push effectively.

Love you