baby

Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 18

Week 18 is here and the baby is doing great!  I really have zero complaints about being pregnant, I thought it was going to be a lot worse.  For me, it's barely noticeable as far as discomforts go, only a cramp here and there.  And I'm really grateful for that.  And it also is great to have a husband that spoils you with every request ;)

I went to the doctor last Friday and my blood test came back.  Everything looks great, no problems there.  They took another blood sample and my next ultrasound is on February 5.  In this one, we will find out the sex of the baby.  I've been going back and forth now with my preference.  Of course all I care about is having a healthy baby, but if I could choose I was pretty set on a girl.  Now I think I may want a boy.  But I do go back and forth a lot :)  I'm getting very curious now.  I set a poll earlier and so far most everyone is with me on the baby being a girl (79%).  We shall see in a few weeks.

So what is the baby up to?  This week the baby's priority is growing.  And I can tell!  I've been getting a lot of cramps.  The doctor says it's just my uterus expanding rapidly.  The baby's skeleton is hardening, the leg bones and inner ear are the first ones to harden.  The baby can now hear too. It should be anytime now that I feel the baby. So far I haven't, I can just imagine how amazing that feels.

Thomas and I stayed in Victoria this weekend after a lot of traveling for the holidays and freezing weather.  We need to get started with the baby room sometime soon.  It is also time to pre-register in the hospital, so we'll go take a look at the facilities maybe this week.  And I also need to start looking at day cares.  Lots of fun!

No comments: