baby

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 19 - No more coconuts for me

The beginning of week 19 was not so friendly to me this time.  I ate a coconut on Saturday evening and it did not agree with me at all!  I woke up all night with a cramped stomach and into Sunday morning with a sharp pain, a breath that could stun an ox (as tactfully put by Thomas) even after brushing my teeth several times.  At about noon I felt a little hungry so that seemed to fix the problem.  I'm scratching coconuts off the list! 

This coming weeks the baby will be focusing on brain development.  Sofia John will be developing millions of neurons.  The baby can now suck the thumb and move the head.  The baby's hearing is also more developed and by now, it can hear sounds outside the womb.  The baby's skin is covered with a white protective coat called Vernix, and underneath with a fine hair called lanugo.  During this week, the kidneys will also function and the placenta will work removing the waste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love coconuts. mayb u can eat them after the baby . Richard.