baby

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Week 38

The due date is 17 days away.  I really wonder when she will come, early? late?  Everyone seems to be thinking early, but the doctor thinks late.  Either way I'm ok with it, though earlier than later would be nicer so I can finally see her :)

So far the back ache has gone away and the BH contractions have stopped.  I haven't got any since probably about last Thursday.  My feet are not even swollen anymore.  Maybe this is the calm before the storm?

Thomas and I are reading "The baby whisperer" and I must say I like this book.  It reinforces a lot of the things I think so it tells me my instincts have been sort of right.  It says to treat the baby like a person from day one.  I always liked to talk to Sofia as such, and that's why I've referred to her by her name always.  It also talks about how a baby will not have any bad habits for at least the first few months.  So when the baby cries they have to be tended to and given the confidence that the parents will be there to bring a bottle, warmth, a clean diaper, etc.  So we shouldn't let the baby cry for long.  To me, if the baby goes into a full blown cry, that's too long.  We'll keep reading, we're only to chapter two, but I'm really liking it.  We still have a few books to read and I'd really like to get through them before she's here.

This past weekend we made a quick run to Babies R Us and got all we need.  We are set now.  That was my nesting instinct kicking into overdrive :)  We also went to the beach on Monday and took our dog Reese.  She kept trying to rescue us and drag us to shore, it was funny to watch.  She got so worked up when Thomas went in deep.  We got some video, I'm sure Thomas will post it sometime.  We had a very good, relaxing time.

So now we just sit and wait.  She has been kicking a lot, I bet if I could see inside me, my ribs are bruised, at least that's what they feel like.  I can tell her movements are getting slower, she's probably running out of room. She will be here soon... :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked the baby whisperer book too. Most worked on dlee except the nighttime stuff, I just had to go w/my instinct on that. Probably would have worked w/Davin. The routine stuff was really true (Easy), and never too soon to start activity like walks outside or errands to the store... We also loved happiest baby on the block. We gave copy of DVD to Ruth if she still has it... Talks about the 5 Ses - swaddle, swing, shoosh, suck, can't remember the last... Whatever is best for you tho is what's right.

Unknown said...

Yes we are reading that one too as well as what to expect the first year, I hope I get most of them through by the time she's here!
~Monica

Jorge said...

Yeah! She is comming.
Thereinafter things will never be the same.

Parenthood is an art, you should read and study a lot, it is not easy, it is not just knowledge, it requires time, experience, love, wisdom and patience, lots of it. It is not an investment, it is a pay down. It takes what it is left. It is forever.

When I was in touch with your nice Audrey I was wondering if Sofia will be so quiet as well. We will see.

Unknown said...

well said senoir George